DOUBLE CHOCOLATE DELIGHT
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Combine stevia, almond milk and heavy cream in your sauce pan. Whisk to combine and put on the heat.
- In a large bowl, beat the yolks until smooth.
- Use your candy thermometer to check the temperature of the mixture. When it reaches 170 degrees, remove from heat and pour over the yolks. Mix immediately or otherwise the yolks will scald and cook.
- Mix evenly and then return to the saucepan and put it back on heat.
- Prepare the ice bath.
- When the temperature reaches 175 degrees, remove from heat and add in the chocolate. Whisk to mix until smooth and creamy.
- Place over the ice bath and allow to sit for about 10–15 minutes then mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Put in an ice-cream maker and churn according to directions.
- Place in the freezer for at least 2-3 hours.
- To prepare an ice bath, spread ice cubes in a shallow but wide container. Place a bowl in the middle and surround it with ice.
- Glycerin and xanthan gum are optional but they help in achieving the right texture.
NUTRITION FACTS (PER SERVING)
Total Carbohydrates: 10g
Dietary Fiber: 3g
Net Carbs: 7g
Total Fat: 29g