5. Slow Cooker Fish Cakes
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 5 hours
6 oz mashed potato
1 carrot, grated
½ cup fresh parsley
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup panko bread crumbs
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 onion, grated
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon cilantro
- Mince the trout and combine it with the mashed potatos.
- Sprinkle the mixture with the grated carrot, salt, minced garlic, grated onion, ground black pepper, and cilantro. Mix well and add the egg.
- Chop the parsley and add it to the fish mixture.
- Add the panko bread crumbs and stir it well. Pour the olive oil in the slow cooker.
- Make 12 small balls from the fish mixture and flatten them to make small cakes. Put the fish cakes in the slow cooker and close the lid.
- Cook the dish on LOW for 5 hours. Flip the fish cakes to the other side after 2.5 hours of cooking. Serve the fish cakes hot. Enjoy!
Nutrition Value:calories 93, fat 3.8, fiber 1, carbs 5.22, protein 9